Tuesday, April 14, 2009

6-An Orcan Adventure

I have always been an animal lover, but during one of my favorite vacations I came across a pod of Orca whales. My family has a tradition of going on a vacation every year and when I was nine years old we went to Washington. My Aunt and Uncle booked a whale watching tour during one of the days we were there. We left early in the morning and headed out to the Puget Sound. When we had departed and reached a good whale viewing spot, what we saw was amazing. A pod of Orca were right next to our boat. Over the course of half a hour the whales were so close to our book that you could actually feel the spray hit you on the face. They were so close that you could almost reach out and touch them. They seem so gently for being known as Killer Whales. There movements in the water are so graceful and they can get some pretty good height in their jumps. My family left in awe of how awesome these Killers' can be. If you ever get a chance to go to Washington I would highly recommend Whale Watching on the Puget Sound. This photograph was taken by Gerard Lacz of Animals Animals-Earth Scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment