Sunday, February 8, 2009

3-Species At Risk


The worldmapper map I chose shows where there are species at risk. I chose this map, because it has meaning to me. I have been a member of the St.Louis Zoo family club for several years and its purpose is to protect species that are endanged and threatened. I feel that animals should be allowed a certain amount of territory to live and thrive in. One thing I find interesting is that the United States has one of the highest counts of species at risk. With all the destruction of forests and countryside many of the creatures are having a hard time finding a place to live. With all the construction of houses and restaraunts several species homes are destroyed on a daily basis. Next time a new building is proposed we as a nation should consider the lives of all the other creatures we share our country with. They should have a right too.

No comments:

Post a Comment